Clumeck, Stern, Schenkelberg & Getzoff, CPA’s, Encino, CA, 1987 - Present
Finkel, Lewis & Joffe, CPA's, Los Angeles, CA, 1979 - 1987
Security Pacific National Bank, Los Angeles, CA, 1975 - 1979
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Former Member, Taxation Committee of the Los Angeles Chapter of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Former Member, Taxation Committee of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Financial Planning Committee of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
ESTATES AND TRUSTS:
- Provides fiduicary services to numerous estates and trust appointed by clients
- Court accountings
- Testify in variious probate matters as an expert witness
- Prepartion of Federal Estate Tax Returns form 706
- Preparation of Fudicary Income Tax Returns form 1041
- Planning for allocation of assets among multiple trust at death
- University of California at Los Angeles, 1972 - 1974
- California State University at Los Angeles, Bachelor of Science in Accounting, 1979
- Golden Gate University, Los Angeles, Masters of Science in Taxation, 1989
- Professional Development Courses - AICPA, CSCPA (including legal, tax and valuation aspects of marital dissolutions)
- Engaged in public accounting practice since 1975, including accounting, auditing, consulting services and business management for a widely diversified group of commercial, service, non-profit and individual clients with special emphasis in taxation.
- Litigation support services, including expert witness testimony, court accounting, business valuations, cash availability analysis and tax analysis regarding structuring of property settlement.
- Fluency in the French language. This has enabled the servicing of multiple business engagements where the principals are primarily French speaking and who maintain substantial investments and/or businesses in the United States.
- Experience includes tax consultation and planning services to a wide range of individuals, corporations, estates and trusts.
- Industry types include retail, wholesale, manufacturing, professional services, fast food retail, bars, publishing.
- Experience in financial and tax matters relating to Chapter 11 bankruptcy estates.
- Fraud investigations relating to federal trade commission receivership cases.
REAL ESTATE EXPERIENCE:
- Co-Managing member of 7 LLCs which own and operate apartments, office buildings and commercial buildings for over 30 years
- Retained as expert witness in numerous cases involving real estate issues including review and interpretation of partnership and LLC agreements, review books and records of operating entities, review issues related to managing members compensation, loans and other activities
- Prepare, annually, over 100 LLC and partnership real estate income tax returns with over 200 partners
- Consult with clients on formation and operation of real estate LLC
- Prepare projections for real estate acquisition, operations and subsequent sales
- Assist in preparation of private placement memorandum
- CFO of several real estate investment groups
- Court appointed receiver over office building projects in Southern California
- Outside expert retained in large and complex chapter 11 proceedings by Creditors committee to examine and report on commercial building projects